Office or Telehealth Hours: Mondays through Thursdays from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
NOTICE REGARDING COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS
Currently all appointments will be virtual. Insurance companies are covering phone or telehealth sessions and some are even assuming the client's cost during the pandemic. During this time, take care to manage stress by:
- Eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep and exercise.
- Maintaining social contact through phone/email/video
- Establishing some structure or scheduled activities
- Avoid the use of substances like cigarettes, alcohol, or other drugs as this can compromise your system
- Order an extra supply of medication and consider an increase if you are significantly more anxious or depressed
- Stay informed from sites like WHO or local/state health agencies, but limit the constant barrage of negative news
- Stay positive by trying a variety of activities - reading for fun, playing board games, finishing household/office tasks, doing crafts, baking, writing stories/songs, enjoying artistic endeavors, etc. Keep your mind positive by looking for the silver lining, for instance "We have more quality time", "we can help our community by sewing masks or fostering pets", etc.
- If you have children, realize that they may act out in response to stress and need your reassurance, extra attention, and patience at this time.
For an initial appointment, indicate the best time to reach you and the days or times that are best for appointments. Also if using insurance, leave the name of your insurance plan. Though I will do my best to get back with you as soon as possible, that may not be until the next day or two since I do work evenings.
For your first appointment, there are 5 forms to complete: (Intake Form, Billing Information, Privacy and Confidentiality, Office Policy, and Telehealth Services and Consent. You can download the forms and email them to email@example.com.
If you are using insurance, you will need to find out from them what your copay, coinsurance, or deductible is prior to your first appointment. It is also helpful to send a copy of the front and back of your insurance card.
It is best to meet weekly for the first several sessions because it takes some time for our relationship to develop and to learn what works best for you. Then sessions may be stretched to two weeks or so, as you make progress and as you use time outside of therapy to practice strategies. If you are experiencing a crisis it may be important to meet more than once in the same week.
Some people find it more convenient to schedule their appointments for the same time each week or to schedule sessions a month in advance. That way you know there is time set aside for you and it can be put into your schedule easier.
Appointments are scheduled for 55 minute sessions. You can request that your name be put on a waiting list in case there is a cancellation or time that opens up that you would prefer.
655 Craig Road Suite 128 ~ St. Louis, Missouri ~ 314-989-9449 (Office) ~ 314-989-9333 (Fax)